Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Just keep nodding and smiling

Still INSANELY busy in grooming land. Very happy, and very tired.  I needed to get this one down so I didn't forget it.  You may wonder, after reading it, how I could ever forget it. 

I've become immune to odd requests for haircuts.  I just let them talk.. and talk, then I just do what I want (when I know better than they do what they want).  I've learned not to try and talk them out of it.  It's not worth it.

A client came in with her new puppy.  He was adorable.  I asked what type of haircut she was thinking about with him (yeah, I still ask). 

She said:  Well, I'm not quite sure, but I really like those dogs that have the Lion trim.   You know the one where the head is really fluffy?  But I want the rest shorter, so I can see the ticks.

Nodding.. smiling.

I'm thinking like one of those Teddy Bear Trims, you know, kind of fluffy and cute?  (I have no clue what a Teddy Bear Trim is.)

Smiling.. nodding

And, I really love how his face looks just like an Owl right now!  That is so cute.  I kind of want that too.

Nodding, smiling. (thinking about the 15 other dogs I have to groom today and hoping this can wrap up sometime within the hour)

Then came the part I listened to:

Well, you know more about these dogs than I do.  I've never had a Shih Tzu before.

Ok, I think I'll just make him look really cute.  Which is what I did, and she loved it! 

He (apparently) looked exactly like an OwlTeddybearLion doodle.  

I'm a pro, would you expect anything less??



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your clients are specific on what they like for their dogs. I think that being a dog groomer requires a creative mind. My friend just became a dog groomer and her favorite part is getting dogs ready for shows. It is amazing to see how talented dog groomers can get. http://www.mobilepetgroominghighlandsranch.com

    ReplyDelete