Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday blues?

Lots of people hate Mondays.  I have never been that way.    Monday is my day to get things done.  I usually book myself the heaviest that day.  I have actual energy after the weekend.    By Thursday I'm running out of steam and Friday is my day to take a lighter load when it's possible.  This energy continues into my evening. Tonight, I moved agility equipment, mowed the lawn, weeded my flower bed, and trained my dogs.  I HATE yard work on the weekends.  Maybe that's why I have so much energy on Mondays. What was your Monday like? 

Here's something that made my day even better.  I donate a grooming a month to the local Humane Society.  This little boy was brought in by animal control, and no one ever claimed him.  He arrived in pretty rough shape.  I think he may be an Australian Terrier, as his coat has some wire to it. 

He wasn't much for the camera.  That was all matted horribly filthy hair.  Here's the finished product.  I'm sure it's no surprise that I had no other choice but to take his coat short.



Who would abandon this dog?  He was the sweetest little guy, I'd guess he was about 7-8 years old, and neutered.  He had no issues with getting a haircut, as nearly all these humane society dogs I groom.  I think they are just grateful that someone is helping them feel better.  I hope his new look helps him find a forever home soon. 

2 comments: