Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Finally, a fresh excuse.

I blog about excuses alot.. I hear them every day.  This time of year the ever-popular "I was on vacation, and she got matted while I was gone", is heard often.  Once I even heard "We were on vacation, we didn't think we should have to bring the dog's brush along!"

The other day I heard a new twist on that old classic.

Me:  Oh, I'm sorry, it looks like I'm going to have to trim her short this time, these matts are too tight, and I don't want to hurt her.

Client:  Yeah... I went on vacation so I hadn't mowed my grass.  She's such a tiny dog, and the grass was so high when we got home,  she got more wet than normal in the morning dew.  That really got her matted.

Me: *Thinking to myself*  Good one!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a good one for you. Acquaintance with familiar hairy breed moves to South America. Sends me a Facebook message asking me to buy a comb and mail it to South America because there are no good groomers there. Who moves to a new continent and neglects to bring a comb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That is a very good one!

    ReplyDelete