Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm thinking about expanding my business

What do you guys think??
Is there a market for goat grooming???


Ok, so I didn't actually groom this little baby!  One of our staff members brought him in to work with her.  He is a 10 day old orphaned Boer Goat.  He had to have a bath due to a little "accident" in his cage.  He spent the day "BAAAAAAing" and was not happy unless someone was paying attention to him, or better yet if they had a bottle full of milk replacer for him.  It's not every day a goat gets a hydrosurge bath!

Can I get a Hallelujah??????? 
No, not about the goat.  I'm so happy that yesterday and today, I groomed dogs that I  had last groomed  before Christmas.  This means the January dry spell is nearly over!! Possibly since January is nearly over.  Yay for me, and my paycheck!

It's been a while since I've given you a before and after, so here you go:
Sorry to my facebook friends, you've already seen this one.


Here we have a male Rough Collie.  He is clean in this picture.  That is all matting and undercoat that I have blown out with the high velocity dryer.  I couldn't LIVE (well, work) without my dryer.  If I didn't have that dryer I would have to brush all that out.  The dryer does alot of work, and is much easier on the dog.  It blows the mats and shedding undercoat to the surface, where it is easily removed with much less effort and brushing.  I think it had been over a year since his last groom.


And... the finished product.  Such a handsome man.  notice the pile of hair on the floor which came off him.



4 comments:

  1. OMG. What a sweet guy!! I bet he feels better now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I couldn't live without my dryer either. My HV dryer stopped working one time when I was Mobile grooming. I had to dry 7 dogs that day with a small hand dryer. Needless to say, I didn't get home til 9pm that day.
    Lisa, MFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! There IS a market in goat grooming!! The kid in the tub is a Boer. They are a meat breed and there is a big show industry with them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! There IS a market in goat grooming!! The kid in the tub is a Boer. They are a meat breed and there is a big show industry with them! ;)

    ReplyDelete