Monday, November 21, 2011

Quote of the day

One of the most touchy subjects we deal with is telling clients that their pets are overweight.  They don't want to hear it, and they sure don't want to do what needs to be done to fix it. For most people, feeding their dog less, just isn't an option.

Today, a couple came in with their large breed dog, who actually has been on a diet.  The wife proudly told us that her dog had lost 2 pounds. 

The husband, apparently unimpressed, promptly took the wind right out of her sails.
"That dog losing 2 pounds, is like throwing a lawn chair off a cruise ship!" 

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I don't understand why people can't feed their dogs less. I know it's hard, but I find it's much harder for me to eat less and stay a healthy weight than it is for me to control how much my pups get. Now, that being said I'm not perfect and occasionally my dogs have been pudgy, but that is easily fixed with more activity or a little less food. I wish it was that easy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any good ideas for Christmas gifts for groomers? I give my groomer $40 cash every Christmas (it's the price of one grooming), but I would like to add a more personal gift in addition to the cash.
    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, Catalina, cash is my favorite gift. It helps SO much for the bleak, slow January which is next :) Your yearly gift is very generous! I'm sure your groomer appreciates it so much. I love getting my cards each year and display them in the grooming room, they make me feel so loved. That said, do you know what kind of dog she has? Maybe something breed-specific?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm that's a good idea. She has Labs.

    ReplyDelete